Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 March 2014

That Was Spring

Have you ever smelled spring? 
Sure you have;
Remember that smell of the flowers with the gentle wind blowing
As you walked in the warm air?
That was spring.
Remember that sound of the spring rain on the roof rattling 
And pouring?
Remember that time when you saw the blossom and flowers growing?
That was spring.
Remember that time you were running around and then you felt tired and you flopped down 
On the ground and felt the soft grass under your feet?
That was spring.

3 comments:

  1. I love your language here, the gentle wind, the roof rattling. You made me feel like I was back in spring with cheerful daffodils and the promise of warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds just like spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poem it made me feel really happy it reminded me of when I was running around on my yard and that smell was so nice.

    ReplyDelete