Search This Blog

Monday 20 July 2015

Maori ritual reflection

This year I have been learning about Maori ritual and it's importance. At the start of the year I felt I was at unistructural, which means I understood and enjoyed one part of Maori ritual if I was prompted or directed. Now I feel like my learning is at relational which means that I understand and enjoy in all parts of Maori ritual and I know when and why to use them. After we have had a school trip to Willowbank and experienced a powhiri and even held a mihi whakatau in our hall I have learned so much more about Maori ritual over that time. It has been important to me because if I was to attend to a marāe then I could do what is required and I wouldn't be embarrassed. I need to seek more feedback and maybe teach other people.
Here is some audio links to our performances and explanations of our
learning:
https://soundcloud.com/waimairisounds/poraporaki
https://soundcloud.com/waimairisounds/mihi-whakatau-for-ht-blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment