Search This Blog

Sunday 20 September 2015

Arts reflection

This term we have been learning about how arts to connect to the community. On Thursday the 17th of September 2015 we went into the middle of town to perform our class and individual acts.

I think my performances were great because I didn't make a mistake at all in any of them. My highlights were when I got through the song 'Stairway to heaven' by Led Zeppelin with two others singing and when I said the lines I needed to say in the class drama. My proudest moment was at the end when everything had been done without a mistake. 

At the end of the class drama I involved the audience by making eye contact and projecting my voice but also emphasising it. It is important to make eye contact because if we didn't then the audience would lose interest in our performance.  It is also important to project your voice and emphasise it because if you didn't project your voice no one would hear you. If you didn't emphasis your voice then it would have one tone and it wouldn't be pleasant.

I saw examples of māori values such as manaakitia, kotahitanga and whanaungatanga. I saw kotahitanga when Harry and Ben K danced and sang to 'Hall of fame' by S.C.R.I.P.T. and they invited everyone to come up and dance with them. I saw whanaungatanga when kids from different classes played with each other and started to make new friends. I also saw examples of manaakitia when people were letting other people do their individual acts, for example when the band had finished performing they let Harry, Ben K and I do our act in the break between performances.

At the end of our performance it seemed like the crowd had liked our performance because I could hear clapping and cheering and Mrs Bentall said "Sounding good guys." Also at the end of our class performance there was clapping and cheering till the end of the final ceremony.


Even though the arts term is ending I can still connect to my own life by performing for competition, performing for fun or even playing for family! And there are many other way to connect to the community but I can't name them.

Here is a link to my dance/play. I am in the corner with the mike.
http://youtu.be/EJ7pmNnV6tA

No comments:

Post a Comment